Raspberry Dark Chocolate mousse
Made this little cake for my boyfriend on his birthday. Simply delicious! 🙂
Adapted to Savourydays
Make 2 10cm mold rings
- 80gr Dark Chocolate 60%
- 10ml milk
- 125 ml Whipping cream
- 15g sugar
- Zest of an orange
- 1 egg yolk
- 20ml milk+30ml whipping cream
- 1 3/4 galetin sheets ( 3,5gram)
Soak the galetin sheet in cold water for 15mins. Pour all the water out, add 1 tsp of cold water in, microwave it for 15 seconds (1)
Warm 20ml milk+30ml+orange zest+20gr sugar cream until 60C, beat the egg yolk, mix them together (dont warm the milk up too hot,your egg yolk will be scramble) (2)
Melt the chocolate with 10ml milk in a double boiler(3)
Whip 125ml whipping cream until soft peak. Gently whisk the whipped cream into the chocolate batter.
Adapt to savourydays.com
- 17gram all-purpose flour
- 17gram corn starch
- 6gram cocoa
- 10gram unsalted butter
- 20gram Vegetable oil
- 30gram fresh milk
- 3 eggs (50gram each) separated yolks and white
- 50 gram sugar
- 3ml (1/2 teaspoon) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 gram salt
How to make: check my roll cake recipe for the clearly method
- 200gr fresh raspberry
Raspberry mousse cake
- Take mold rings and cut chocolate cake rounds serving as the basis.
- Line the ring molds with cake strips. Place them on a baking sheet and add a chocolate cake basis in each mold.
- Pour a little bit of the chocolate mousse , about 2cm height
- Arrange fresh raspberries on top, pointing up
- Pour more mousse on top of the raspberries in each mold. Place in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours, or until the mousses are set.
- When you are ready to serve, remove the ring molds carefully, then the cake strips. Decorate with whipping cream and fresh raspberries . Sprinkle bitter cocoa on top and and you are ready to serve.