Wonderful homemade Peanut Butter
Store bought Peanuts butter(PP)- Too sweet? -Yes -Too much crazy fat that we can’t know they are good for Health or not? -Yes.
So why dont you try to make it at home. It’s really easy, not take a long time to make and inexpensive, you can also control the sweetness, much healthier. I am really really Happy with my own PP and love to share the recipe, So how’s about you, will you make it and tell me how you feel? 🙂
- 250 grams fresh skin on peanuts
- 45ml honey ( If u dont like the honey taste, u can use powder sugar to taste)
- 30ml peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- pinch of salt
Toast the Peanuts
- Place the fresh peanuts in the heavy pan on the medium low heat, keep stirring the peanut by chopsticks (or shaking the pan) until the color of the shell is darker and smell nutt,(sometimes, you will see some skin nuts come off) You knew they are ready to use.
- Let the peanut cool down and take the peanut skin off. Dont worry as one the peanut is toasted, the shell will be easy to break out.
- Blend all the skin off peanut, honey,oil and salt in the blender or food processer for 2 to 3 minutes or until the mixture forms a ball.
- Scrape peanuts down from the food processor bowl into the bottom, as needed, when processing the peanuts. Continue processing the mixture until it is of your desired consistency. For smooth peanut butter, you may have to process the mixture for a longer period.
- Taste the freshly made peanut butter and add a dash of salt or honey(sugar), if needed
- Spoon peanut butter into an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator, so it can set in to a lovely peanut butter paste. Use within two weeks
Always Toast your SKIN ON peanuts by yourself, do not use the store bought toasted skin off peanuts: The best way to guarantee the freshest nutty smell peanuts butter, also, skin protect your nuts not to be burnt too much when toasting.
Get PP out of the fridge before eating 30 minute or pop it in the microwave for 1 minutes on medium high power to make the butter softer.