Basic American Pancake plus peanut butter pancake recipe
Another recipe of my day! I made these pancakes for me and my brother’ breakfast, they are lovely luffy. moist and peanut buttery! Top with a lilte bit butter and apple jam, such a nice combination of sweet and salty, nutty flavor and a bit sour of jam. oh lovely!
Peanut butter Pancakes
( 3 servings, er… but i’m shy to say it’s actually 2, just for us only :D)
- 100gram Plain Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 1/2 table spoon sugar
- 180 ml milk
- 60 grams peanut butter
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda
- In small bowl or measuring cup, stir together the milk,egg yolk and peanut butter til smooth. Add to the dry ingredients and beat just until a batter is formed. Do not overbeat.
- Whisk the egg white with sugar and salt until foamy
- Gently fold the foamy egg white to the mixture
- Lightly oil a nonstick saute pan or griddle over medium heat. Spoon the batter by 1/4 cupfuls inot the pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Serve immediately.(I did not oil or use butter for my griddle, it’s non-stick and worked fine without it)
Sometimes, im lazy to not to separate my egg and the result i got is the pancake is not really fluffy, they are quite thick and the egg is curved up. (update: i found the secret to be lazy but the pancake will still have a lovely golden brown, really simple, you just need to rest the batter for at least 30 mintues before cooking)
Can you see the Differences?
To make a round shape pancake, you just pour the batter to the pan from the center, and let the batter make a round shape itself.
Flip the pancake over when you see bubbles in the batter.
All ingredients must be at room temperature.
- You can use this recipe like as the basic pancake recipe ( The batter will be quite thin but it gave very soft, tender and fluffy pancakes, but it will be a little difficult to get a nice shape, so, if you dont mind ugly shape but delicious pancake, go with it, or you can add more Flour (~10 grams) to make the cooking easier, For me, I prefer only 100 grams flour) and top with whatever toppings that you like.. 🙂
- Increase the sugar to 2 tbs