Low fat ‘n’ sugar Cheesecake marble Brownie
Think of Something sweet, something bitter, something chocolatey… think of Brownie. I dont know why i was in the mood of Brownie today, it has run around and around in my head since i woke up…But you know, i have to fight myself alot, as i just had a salmon en Croute yesterday which is quite rich and heavy,so heavy meet fatty, i may have a fighting with my weight next.
But finally,The Brownie mood has win, i made these little bad boy today. however, not at all. Because i chose the low fat version which use a little amout of oil, the smallest sugar amout which just made they are enough sweet and statisfy my sweet tooth. they are not too fudgy, not too cakey, I would describe this brownie as a cross between the two. Top the brownie with the leftover creamcheese I had for the salmon yesterday. This combination is very lovely and beautiful, the sweetness of brownie works with the sour and rich of cheese, just wonderful. 🙂
*** This Brownie marble cheese cake recipe is just sweet enough, So if you have a really sweet tooth , you should increase the sugar to 100 grams
Low fat ‘n’ sugar Brownie marble cheesecake
- 60 grams plain flour, sift
- 80 grams sugar
- 140 grams dark chocolate (i used 70% cocoa)
- 4 Tablespoon canola oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- 100 grams cheese cake, at room temperature
- 2 table spoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 egg ( you can separate and use egg yolk or egg white only)
- Melt the chocolate with oil by a double boiler, set aside to cool down
- Whisk egg with salt and sugar until pale, thick and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes (the sugar must be dissolved), add vanilla extract and whisk for 10 more second
- Pour the melted chocolate to the foamy egg batter
- Finally, stir in the flour until just combined and spread 3/4 of the brownie batter in the nonstick baking pan.
Preheat oven to 175oC and make the cheese cake topping
- Whisk soft cream cheese with sugar for 10 second, then add egg in, whisk for 5 second until smooth.
- Dollop over brownie batter, then the rest 1/4 brownie batter in. Swirl in with a knife or a chopstick.
- Bake for 35-40 minute until the edges are slightly puffed and the center is just set (check with the toothpick, if it’s clean, you know it’s ready to voila!) 🙂
- Add 1tsp coffee powder for stronger taste
- Add some nuts, chips in to get a goey brownie
- Serve warm or super cold is the best
- I have another Brownie recipe which is called truly low fat brownie, and it’s vegan, I didn’t try it yet but it got many good reviews, so, I post it here for you guys who is really obssessed about weight 105grams plain flour : 100grams sugar : 40 grams cocoa powder : 90grams melted chocolate : 250ml yogurt : 1/2 tsp baking soda : pinch of salt : drop of vanilla extract ; Wet mixture: melted chocolate + yogurt + vanilla ; Dried mixture: sugar + cocoa powder + baking soda +salt; stir dried mixture in wet mixture until just combined. bake the same method with the above recipe.
Important Plus tip
If you are going to make the brownie only and want to get the very thin shiny wrinkly tissue-paper top, the secret is beating the egg with sugar. Use a stand/hand mixer or just a whisk. whisk until the egg mixture is pale,sugar is dissolved. 🙂 then you have it!