Chocolate chip cookies
The another recipe I want to share with you guys this week is about chocolate chips cookies.Who want a thick, buttery, crispy outside but soft and melting inside biscuits? this recipe is for you.Ah yeah, these biscuit is just sweet enough which is a highlight point too, I cant understand why many cookies recipe recently are very over sweet! 😦
The secret ingredient is cornstarch which gave a very thick, crisp outside and soft, light and melting evry bites.Without the cornstarch, the biscuits was bit flatter, just crispy, not soft inside, but still damn good, trust me!so what kinds of biscuit you prefer, just use or not using it
and here is the recipe:
- 120 grams butter
- 150 gram flour ( 130 gram flour+20 grams corn starch if you like thick cookies like i said above)
- 100 grams sugar ( 40 grams white sugar + 60 grams brown sugar)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100 gram choc chip (i recommend using a big size of choc chip like mini hershey’s kiss, becuz when you use tiny chips, it feel like all the chocolate chips are dissapeared into the cookies. Sorry im a chocolate geek! :P)
- 50 grams raisins (or nuts, or just choc chip again)
- Cream the butter with salt at slow speed until soften
- Put the sugar in and whisk at high speed for 3-5 mins more (until the butter sugar is soft, bit pale, but not too fluffy)
- Crack 1 egg in , continue whisking for 20 sec, add vanilla
- Sift flour+baking soda in, gently mix
- Add choc chip and raisins, mix well.
- Cover the mixing bowl with cling film carefully, leave in the fridge for at leat 1 hr until over night.
- Shape the batter to equal cookies balls (around 15 grams each), put on tray and bake in the reheated oven ( 175C) for 15-20 mins.
- When the cookies are done, let them cool down on rack, if they are still soft when cool, put them back in the oven ( 120C) for 10-15mins, im sure the biscuits will be crispy. 🙂