Fluffy Buns ( AKA the sofest, lightest buns ever)
I used Tang dzong method is this recipe, which give the buns extra soft and tenderness, plus, with this method, your bread can stay fresh much longer with the normal method. im totally in love, enjoy.
Water roux/ tang zhong recipe:
For this recipe you will need:
- 25 gr flour : 125 gr water
– Mix well flour + water, cook on the medium heat until the batter is thicken, it will be better if u mature this batter in the fridge for a night, but if you dont have time, just use it ahead after finish cooking.
Fluffy soft buns recipe:
- 35gr lukewarm (40-45oC) water ( you can use milk/cream instead but water will give a lighter dough, however, you buns will be not milky, so your choice)
- 300gr bread flour, sifted
- 50gr sugar
- 40grs soften butter
- 5gr instant yeast.
- 2gr salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tangdzong recipe
1. mix sugar+water+yeast into the mixxing bowl, stir well and let it sit for 5 mins until it get foamy.
2. add flour + egg, tangdzong in, turn the mixer on and let it knead on slow speed for around 5 mins
3. butter + salt in, continue to knead the dough with higher speed (i think it could be 10-15mins more)
4. get the dough out, raise until double in size, shaping to some small little bunsv(around 50grams each), put filling in, then let the buns rest again tihe buns about 1 3/4 bigger in size.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for around 20-25 mins (depended on ur buns size) 170oC, the buns are cooked when it slightly golden brown, dont bake it too long, it will turn out dry, we dont like it. 🙂
how fluffy!! 🙂
Note: this is the basic buns recipe, sometimes i modify it like add some cheese powder in the dough to give a tasty smell, lovely orange colour, i also filled the buns with some creamcheese which go so well with the dough flavor, so be creative, give some experience for your unique buns.